Monday, July 20, 2009

Old Spice Swagger Juggling

First off . . . the link:

http://www.oldspice.com/swaggerize-your-wallet/challenge/14/Juggle-Four-or-More-Swagger-Products?video_id=298484

And now . . . the story:

A rep from Old Spice posted this contest in rec.juggling and suggested that juggler's from the newsgroup enter.

I checked the qualifications and since I met them . . . I figured . . . why not? :-)

So, went out and spent some $$$ on some products and Crizzly and I pondered juggling possibilities. I had some things in mind, but took a little while working out the script.

Juggling the product was really tricky. 4 was a challenge and 5 was terribly difficult. I only bought 5, but Crizzly and I speculated that passing 7 wouldn't be all that difficut if I wanted to purchase some more.

Sadly, the majority of the footage that I shot at the campus of me juggling, I couldn't use. The footage was too dark. The stuff that made it into the video was done in the back yard and it's too bright, but not much I could do about it. At least the objects show up really well.

All of it was shot in about . . . 30 minutes in the back yard. I knew I wasn't going to get any super long runs, so I wanted to get a variety of tricks rather than one long run. Each trick needed to last at least 5 seconds, which wound up ruling a lot of them out. I tried for a fair amount of time to get the 4 shower, but just couldn't get it going. Likewise for the 7333 machine. However, the 552 weave worked waaaaaaaaay better than I could ever expect. I do wish the 552 "Apply" at the end of the video showed up a bit better, but oh well. At least I managed a clean collect and some swagger to tie in the shots.

Special thanks to Crizzly for great ideas and nice solid 5 ball stuff, and to Brenda for being the Hottie :-)

At the time of this writing there are 2 entries, and the other entry is a very straight forward juggling video (which might be what they are looking for) so we'll see how things go.

Overall, it was a lot of fun to put together and another excuse to work in the 4 ball Weave into a video :-)

I'll update if any new information appears.

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home